This is a remote, home-based position.
Scopic Software (www.scopicsoftware.com) is the largest virtual software company in the world. We have over 200 employees and all employees work from home. We develop custom software applications for clients in North America and Europe. Scopic Software is looking to hire a talented and hard working DevOps Systems Administrator to work remotely from home. Work hours are flexible. Projects are interesting and challenging.
• Perform as a DevOps sysadmin by supporting deployment and operations of various applications in production and other environments
• Create and enhance internal OS deployment tools and processes
• Develop and manage processes of automated build and deployment
• Develop and manage configuration tools
• Use system resource utilization and monitoring tools to identify potential problem areas before they result in incidents
• Coordinate with development teams to make sure the deployment process and best practices, other production requirements are taken into account early in lifecycle of development
• Develop utility scripts to ease and automate deployment and provisioning processes
This position is part-time to start with the opportunity to move to full-time.
Hourly rate range is $20-$25/hr depends on skills and experience.
Please send your CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• Hands-on experience implementing and configuring cloud environments (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
• Experience in implementing infrastructure as code
• Experience in at least one technology/tool from each category
Configuration Management: Ansible (preferred), Chef, or Puppet
Shell Scripting: BASH, PowerShell
Systems Administration: Linux, Windows
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Go CD, Teamcity
Build Automation: Maven, Gradle, Ant
Version Management: Git (preferred), SVN
Web Server: Apache, Nginx, HAProxy, IIS
• Desired skills:
Experience with container technologies (e.g., Docker)
IT Management skills
Knowledge of L4-L7 protocols such as SSL, HTTP, DNS, SMTP and IPSec
Demonstrated understanding of VPNs and remote access
Solid understanding of information security operations principles, application and infrastructure security technologies, and practices in a global environment